Home - How do we calculate our employee’s long service leave?
November 02, 2018

We have a staff member in NSW who has worked for us on both a casual and permanent basis, as outlined below:

  • 2003–2005: permanent;
  • 2007–2010: casual;
  • 2010–present: permanent.

What date do we calculate long service leave from?

It appears there was a break in the employee’s service with you in 2005. If the employee was re-employed by you within a 2-month period from the date of employment termination, you should count the long service leave from the date they were initially engaged in 2003. Otherwise, you would count it from the date they began casual employment in 2007.


In your cart



View cart
View Cart